Sunday, June 3, 2007

Back on the sticks

Square #3 was started last night while babysitting the sweetest little toddler in the world. Megan, Hayley (the babysittee), and I all sat watching Barbie Princess & The Pauper while I picked up my Denise needles and cast on the obligatory 14 stitches. I worked about 13 rows before I had to start dinner, but at least it's a start. The brain fog wasn't nearly as bad, however I think I have an extra "push" as I really want to see what the end result is going to look like. Plus, since I have to sew this blanket then maybe that will help me overcome my fear of sewing the sweater. That or I'll just go down to Gossamer and see if they can help me. :o)

I found a really cool forum for knitting at Knitty. They have a wicked board there where people post about different online and retail stores having yarn sales. I can't tell you how happy that board makes me. Of course the pocketbook may hate me when it's all said and done, but in the meantime I am surfing it for bargains everyday.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Ok so when my husband busts me for buying a bunch of yarn I'm just going to say its your fault because you posted about the forums on Knitty and I had to check it out! LOL

I ended up having to frog the sock but I did work on just a few rows over the weekend. Had too much fun playing in the sun!

~Laura~ said...

I know--isn't it awful?! There is a big sale happening at Rams Wools (I think it is) tomorrow and I am seriously considering stocking up. The 25% off will make the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran like $5+ per skein--it costs me $8+ a skein locally!!

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Bah so much for being able to edit a comment. Sorry ended up deleting it instead. LOL

That's a great deal! I say stock up...but don't tell dh I encouraged you. lol I should be getting my order from Little Knits today!! More yummy sock yarn!