Saturday, June 2, 2007

Patiently waiting

My yarn and completed baby sweater are still patiently waiting for me to finish them. For the past few days my brain has been in a total fog. It's so bad that I can't remember if I took my medicine just 5 mins. prior--literally. Insanity I tell ya! So rather than frustrate myself worrying about what row I'm on (and if I counted properly), I'm rolling with it and waiting for the fog to lift. Tough, though, because I am really excited to see what this blanket will look like when it's done. I also want to finish the sweater for Isabelle and start up the other one for Connor, yet I know that the sweater is way more difficult than knitting up small squares, so that is definitely on the back-burner. I'd love to have the sweaters done BEFORE the babies come, however since they can't wear them until it gets cold (a.k.a. about 4-5 mos. after they're born) I'd rather take the time and make sure I do it right than hurry through and screw it up.

I have another gal whom I don't know really well but she's super sweet and cool and we've become "friends" to a degree, and she is expecting her first baby (a boy) around the same time as everyone else is. She's doing her nursery in a true nautical theme and thus I want to make her a patchwork blanket in blues, creams, and reds. Fun stuff!!! I love being the semi-surrogate auntie that can knit up presents left and right! Too bad most of the babies live far away though... I'd love to babysit and get my fill...then give them back to their parents! :o)

No comments: