Thursday, May 24, 2007

Baby sweaters

With one very good friend and two friends that I'm still getting to know all set to have babies soon, I figured now would be a good time to dive into the wonderful world of sweaters. I checked high and low online for a pattern that was easy to read and easy to knit, yet didn't have much luck. Once again I made a trip over to Gossamer and with the help of a great saleslady, I picked out "Baby Knits for Beginners" by Debbie Bliss (I heart her), along with some sweet cotton yarn. The pattern I chose is a boat neck sweater, which is as easy as it comes. It called for the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino however they didn't have enough of it, nor the colors I wanted. Instead I went for Blue Sky's Cotton in Shell and Honeydew. These sweaters will be for my friend who is having twins (a boy and a girl). So far I am finished with the front and back and have started working on one of the sleeves. Pictures coming soon!

For the other two mommies-to-be I can't decide if I'll make another sweater or a blanket. hmmm....

No comments: