Friday, May 25, 2007

Patons SWS

After reading a blog on Crazy Aunt Purl about Patons SWS yarn found at Michaels, I had to make a pit-stop there after DH and I hit Home Depot tonight. The SWS yarn is a mix of wool and soy and comes in several fun shades. Patons also makes some other cool ones like Grace and Rumor which I am seriously coveting now. The Grace yarn has a ton of sweet colors, while the Rumor is so soft I just want to wrap my whole body with it. Okay, maybe that's pushing it. Nevertheless, had DH not been with me I guarantee I would've walked out with way more than I did.

Megan (my daughter) has been wanting me to knit her a sweater and when I saw the Patons SWS "Natural Blue" yarn I knew I had found a winner for her. Although the picture I am posting shows it as much brighter than it really is, the colors are b-e-a-utiful! Soft, subdued, and blend so perfectly. I can just see her in a cute little sweater with some khaki pants. I may have to make me one too. I will say that I had a hard time choosing between the Natural Blue or the Natural Geranium...or even the Natural Pink as she likes blue and pink equally, yet if I get something in one color she will usually ask me why I didn't get the opposite color instead. Girls. When she comes home from spending the night at my dad's we'll see what she says. My next step is to find a pattern that will work with this yarn. I grabbed three skeins but figure I'll need to pick up another. I really love this color though...check it out...

Patons SWS in Natural Blue








I also have decided to knit up a sweater for Phil & Julie's baby due towards the end of July in the Patons Grace in Tangelo. I dig this color a lot too. I think I can even use the same boatneck pattern as the gauge matches up. Have to double check on that one. I'm almost scared to go back to Michaels though. Will I have enough will power to only buy what I need instead of what I lust after?

Patons Grace in Tangelo

2 comments:

Beth said...

You yarn hoor you! LOL You crack me up Laura. I can't see the other pics of your sweater. :( So I'll be checking back to see if that's been fixed or not. I'm very excited to see them as knitting a sweater is scary for me like socks is to you. Hope you're doing great!

~Laura~ said...

I don't know what happened to the pics but hopefully you can see them now. I hate posting pics on this blog.

I am a total yarn hoor!