Sunday, May 27, 2007

One sleeve down, one on sticks

Finished the first sleeve yesterday and started the other one today. I should have the second one done tonight if I actually stop interrupting myself. I think I'm a tad hesitant simply because I'm scared to sew the thing together. Totally afraid I'm going to ruin it.

I made the one sleeve too long (about 3/4") but am not worried. I prefer a longer sleeve anyways and she (my friend) can roll them up for the baby. To me it always seemed that the sleeves were the first thing that got too short on my kiddos, so I'm fine that I went too far. Admittedly it was not done on purpose (I just kept knitting not even paying attention to how long the sleeve was getting), however it did work out to what the next size up would be.

With this sleeve I dropped a stitch on the edge so there is a very tiny hole that isn't noticeable except to me. I'm assuming that when I sew up the seam it will disappear as that's where the hole is. Of course DH keeps joking that because of this itty bitty screw up the baby will get pneumonia. He's soooo helpful. ;o)

I'll post pics before I sew it together. I'm just too lazy today or else I'd take some and post them now.

No comments: