Friday, May 18, 2007

First hat

I found a pattern online (forgive me as I don't have it right now or else I'd post it), picked up some gorgeous chunky, sage green, wooly warm yarn from Gossamer, and cast on my stitches. The hat was a simple pattern. Knitting and purling, then decreasing. I went through it fairly quickly and in no time at all I had my first hat. I will admit that sewing the seams together was by far the hardest part for me. I'm still not thrilled with it and have promised to one day rip it out and re-sew it correctly. When I have extra time. A.K.A. Never gonna happen. Since it's considered a "skull cap" it sits somewhat high on my head but fits my daughter perfectly, so she has proclaimed it as hers but lets me "share it" with her. What a sweet kid! I was happy with the way it turned out given this was my first real project. I skipped the whole "first scarf" thing and jumped feet first into something more difficult. While it's not perfect it works. Here are some pics of my daughter modeling it. I'll have to take some more of it just laying there. You can see the seam is a tad pointy on top. Annoying. It's also sitting on her head a tad crooked, but she's just too cute for words, isn't she?!