Thursday, May 31, 2007

Two down, fifty-four to go

I got started on the baby blanket last night, but had to stop after making two squares. My brain has been so foggy lately that I was having a hard time keeping track of how many rows I had knit up. I literally was counting outloud as I knit...one, one, one...to keep track of which row I was knitting...and then when I'd hit like row 13 I'd double remind myself by saying, "The day my son was born, 13, the day my son was born." Pathetic I tell ya! I did take some pics though, so here they are:

This is the blanket I'm making. It's Debbie Bliss' Garter Stitch Blanket from her "Baby Knits for Beginners" book.

Close-up of the blanket. I love how the squares are turned!


The yarn palate I am using from Mission Falls
From Left to Right - Goldenrod, Moss, Chili, Ivory, Musk, and Lentil

Close-up of the yarn to show the texture in it


The two squares I've knitted up thus far


Hopefully my brain will be more cooperative today and allow me to finish up more of them. I'm excited to see how it's going to turn out!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh I love that blanket. Now I really have to get that book. LOL I love the color combo you chose. I can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to double the size or go w/ the way its written?

~Laura~ said...

Now you see why I want to make this thing so bad! lol It's adorable!

I'm gonna start off w/the regular pattern size first, then if I'm not happy w/it I may increase it w/another row or two, or double it. Depends on what the hubby has to say about it. ACK!